Wednesday, September 11, 2019

First Kiss - In Love With A Warrior (Gunn Guardsman - Book 4)

First Kiss - IN LOVE WITH A WARRIOR (Gunn Guardsman - Book 4)
Excerpt copyright @ 2019 Kara Griffin




His eyes shot open when he thought he heard a woman’s voice. He must’ve been mistaken and closed his eyes again. Damnation, now he was hearing her voice.
“James, I need to talk to you.”
He moaned and thought she haunted him, but he answered anyway. “Hmmm, lovely?” He felt her touch when she shook his shoulder. James grabbed her wrist and pulled her over him. “You came.”
“I must speak with you.”
James fondled the curve of her hip and moaned. “Nay, no talk, lovely. Will you kiss me? I’ll sleep contentedly if you do.” He gave her no choice when he forced her head closer and set his lips on hers. A moan escaped him as pleasure swarmed his already heated body. He forced her mouth open with his tongue and touched it to hers. By God, the kiss was everything he’d imagined. She squirmed against him and James kept her from moving away with his hands linked behind her back. She broke off the kiss and slapped his face hard.
James sobered briefly and laughed. He rubbed his face of the slight sting. “Aw, lass, why are you angry? Come, give me another kiss. That was practice.”
She slapped him again. “Are you drunk?”
He chuckled knowing if he hadn’t imbibed his face would be afire with the force of her ire. “Mayhap, a wee b-bit. Aye, mayhap a lot of b-bit.”
“I’d say the latter. I should leave.” She tried to pull away and narrowed her eyes when he refused to release her.
James kept a tight hold of her wrist, for if he was dreaming he wouldn’t allow it to end. Not this soon. “Nay, s-stay. It’s your f-fault, for being s-so lovely. Aye, you caused me anguish, for my heart never hurt s-so much. But God, I want you. Let me.” He tugged the bodice of her gown and exposed her breasts. “So beautiful, the p-prettiest bosom I’ve ever laid eyes on.” He leaned forward and kissed the flesh until his lips reached her nipple. His tongue laved at it, and he took it into his mouth and suckled.
She gasped and remained still.
He moaned as pleasure rode his thoughts. “Ah, Emlyn, what you d-do to me.”
James continued to ply his attention on her breasts and would’ve been happy to do so for the rest of the night. He returned his lips to her mouth and kissed her tenderly. Ever since she’d bested him on the field, he wanted her in his arms, wanted to taste her, and wanted her attention. His dream came true for she lay against him and returned his kisses willingly. There was desire in her kiss.
“Let me love you, lass.”
“James, we shouldn’t. I came here to discuss a proposal.”
“Aye, but we s-should. Give me this one night and I shall die a contented man.” He kept her in his arms, fearful if he let her go, she’d vanish again.
“You’re drunk and I only came here to ask you something.” Her voice was soft, feminine, and caused him to caress her.
“Ask m-me anything for I am at your s-service.”
“I want you to take me with you.”
His body hummed with excitement, having her next to him, pressed intimately against his body. “Aye? That’s what I’ve been asking you, lovely. Remove your gown.”
“I don’t know if I should.” She continued to keep her body rigid.
“You should. I promise you won’t regret it. You’ve bewitched me, lass, because this is what I’ve thought of since you pinned me to the ground.”



Don't miss IN LOVE WITH A WARRIOR
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PUR1QLU

No comments: