Monday, January 15, 2024

PLACES AND CASTLES - The Gunn Guardsman series

The Gunn Guardsman series was the avenue to me being obsessed with Highlander romance. I wrote Highlanders in the Pith series, but the men in the Gunn Guardsman books really inspired me. They have such a connection, a brotherhood that makes them the perfect Highland heroes.

In One and Only, we meet the Gunn clan. The Gunn's clan home was built near Wick, Scotland. As you can see, the original building was destroyed by the fierce king of Norway. The Gunn's home was attacked and destroyed and many of the clan were killed.

The artistic reconstruction by Andrew Spratt shows how the castle may have looked in 1250.


In On A Highland Hill, one of my favorite stories - Kenneth and Elisa had such a turbulent relationship. There are various places listed in the book. Even though I didn't write about Fingal's cave, it is on MacQuarrie's property, Elisa's home.



In A Highlander In Peril, we visit various places as well. Our story starts with our villain. He's in Selkirk, Scotland doing his vile deeds...


We also visit Maiden's Castle, but alas, it was a wooden fort back in the day. The remains are sadly lost to us forever.



In the last book, In Love With a Warrior - we travel afar and spend some time in Wales. I must say I absolutely fell in love with Wales while writing this book. It is just as magical as Scotland. Here is a picture of the seat of Emlyn's home, long gone - but you can see how amazing it is.



I hope you enjoyed this little foray into the books of The Gunn Guardsman series. I loved all the books and the heroes and heroines. I love revisiting those stories when I can. I hope, if you read them, you enjoy them too.


 


No comments: