Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Writing historical sex scenes





In writing my latest historical romance, I got to thinking about sex in medieval times. I'm sharing a link below with some interesting facts. As I read it, I thought -- I am so glad I did not exist then. Sex is far more interesting now than it was then! Or at least it is more creative, sensual, and meaningful. Writing fiction allows us to stretch the truth a little and not be so confined to the actuality of what sex was like then. At least I hope most authors are taking creative freedome, lol, in writing scenes related to sex.

In the regency/Georgian era, there were so many rules for a young lady to follow. Even then sex was so shushed and hidden. I hope readers know that were we to "tame" it down and stick with the veritable facts when it comes to writing sex scenes, we'd be bored to tears.

Read more at:

Sex In Medieval Times

What do you think? Should authors take creative liberties when writing historical character's sex scenes? Would love to hear your feedback.

Kara

Get the Pith Trilogy now on Amazon!
Warrior's Pledge
Claimed By A Charmer
Lass' Valor

Coming in paperback soon, a new Scottish romance!

No comments: